An oral and maxillofacial surgeon (OMS) specializes in treating diseases, injuries, and defects inside the mouth, as well as around the lower half of the face.
Using the most advanced diagnostic, planning, and surgical tools, the oral surgeon can administer a variety of types of local and general anesthesia before dealing with complex issues to improve oral and facial health:
- Difficult tooth extractions due to the shape of the tooth, the depth of the roots, and surrounding bone and tissue.
- Complex dental implant cases such as those who have lost many teeth (the All-on-Four is a procedure that enables our surgeon to place an entire set of upper and lower artificial teeth with as few as four groups for each jaw).
- Bone grafts that are needed to strengthen the jaw to support dental implants.
- Poor fit of dentures due to irregularities in the jawbone.
- Infections in the face, neck, or jaws that need draining.
- Sports injuries and car accidents that might cause jaw dislocation, broken facial bones, and knocking out of teeth or damaging them.
- Cleft palate, a birth defect that results in splits in the roof of the mouth or lip, which can be closed by an oral surgeon.
- Unequal jaws that grew slightly differently and cause difficulties in eating, breathing, and talking.
- Sleep apnea, a dangerous and common condition in which the individual stops breathing during sleep, often due to tissue blocking the airway.
- Snoring, which can be a symptom of sleep apnea or just a common condition, may also benefit from surgical intervention.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (often referred to just as TMJ), which causes soreness at the hinge of the jaw and other discomfort and may be due to a bone deformity, requiring surgical intervention.
- Botox. You might be surprised to know that dentists are better-trained than most other medical professionals to provide such injections because of their extensive experience with the face and mouth and expertise with administering the appropriate anesthesia, according to the American Academy of Facial Esthetics.
If your dentist has recommended oral surgery, Wilshire Smile Studio a team of professionals that you can trust 100%. We’ve helped countless patients throughout the Los Angeles area achieve comprehensive oral health through high-quality oral surgery, and we regularly perform a wide range of surgical procedures. No matter what kind of oral surgery you’re looking for, we’ll work with you to make the entire treatment process as simple, comfortable, and convenient as possible.
Oral Surgery Specialists
We offer a wide range of oral surgeries at Wilshire Smile Studio, and Dr. Saadat is a highly experienced in every aspect. Oral surgery can be used to remove damaged or impacted teeth, heal damaged gums, and completely reconstruct your smile; creating a beautiful new smile and appearance. No matter what treatment you’re diagnosed with, we will work closely with you to develop a plan for pre-op, treatment, and recovery that works with your schedule and fits into your lifestyle. We specialize in a wide range of oral surgery procedures, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Tooth Extraction
- Dental Implants
- Exposure of Unerupted Teeth
- Oral Cancer Treatment & Biopsies
- Root Coverage
- Botox therapy
Through all of the treatments we offer, we adhere to an uncompromising standard of care – and if you’re ready to take the first step towards a healthier mouth and more beautiful smile, we’re here to help.
Contact Oral Surgery Los Angeles
Wilshire Smile Studio has helped countless patients throughout greater Los Angeles achieve optimum health, beautiful smiles and a great new life style.