Talon NG Appliance Care
- Prior to placing the appliance in your mouth:
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Soften the appliance under warm tap water to aid in placement of the appliance over your teeth.
- To insert the appliance:
- Use the forefinger and thumb of both hands to guide the appliance into place over your teeth.
- Gently close your teeth together to insure the appliance is fully seated.
- Removal of the appliance:
- Use the forefinger and thumb of both hands to grasp the appliance.
- Pull the appliance from your teeth.
- Cleaning of the appliance:
- Use liquid hand soap or other mild toothpaste abrasive recommended by your dentist.
- Brush the appliance under cold tap water with a soft toothbrush.
- Storage of your appliance:
- Shake moisture from the appliance.
- Place the appliance in a container provided by your dentist, or use a sealable container such as a tupperware container.
- Mineral deposits or opacity:
- Mineral deposits can accumulate causing discoloration. If this occurs – soak the appliance for approximately 15 minutes in a denture soak cleanser.
- After soaking – allow the appliance to air dry and store it in your sealable container.
- Note: Air drying helps to dissipate the opaque appearance caused by excess moisture.
- Contact your dentist:
- As directed by your dentist.
- If changes in your symptoms occur.
- If changes occur in the appearance of your mouth or gums.